8. Unsecured online purchases
Nowadays, it is a good idea to opt for online shopping, and while we all know that most big retailers such as Amazon offer the security we need, there are many dubious online shops that can trick easily trick you.
So, every time you shop online, check the web address. If it starts with ‘https,’ you’re good to go, if not, you should avoid purchasing anything from that website.
While ‘https’ and ‘http’ are actually both responsible for normal browsing functions to happen the ‘http’ data is not encrypted, meaning that the online shop is not secure.
P.S.: You should also check that the company is reputable.
You might also like:
- How to Protect Your Finances During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- 10 States With Ridiculously High Sales Taxes
- 6 Things You Must Do If You’re Deep in Debt
- 8 Ways to Prepare for an Unexpected Personal Financial Crisis