Gather These 7 Documents Before You Apply for Social Security!

Photo by rbkomar from Shutterstock

7. Military Service Documentation

As we already mentioned, the Social Security Administration will ask you to come with a  copy of your U.S. military service papers if you served in the military before 1968. These military service papers translate to a certificate of release or discharge from active duty.

Fortunately, you don’t have to wait if you’re in the process of getting your military service documentation done.

According to Mark Falter, president of Mid-American Wealth Advisory Group in Kansas City, Missouri you can start the Social Security application process without your U.S. military service papers, because Social Security workers can help you with adding them later.

Also, the actual payment will start from the beginning of your applying, not when you provide all the needed documentation.

Here are other Social Security-related articles you might find useful:

PREV 1 ... 4 5

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

related posts
from our network